Hello and welcome to the Digital Marketing Mayo recap on all that is happening in the digital marketing world over the past seven days. This is a new feature which we will bring you every Friday featuring the latest news and information on what is going on in the tech and business fields at home and abroad and how that might be of benefit to you and your business!
Each week we’ll be posting links to articles, videos and podcasts from around the internet that will help you keep up to date in one handy format. Ok, let’s get started!
- First up, we’re looking at Facebook Suite which we know was announced last week, but we have to say it’s a big deal so we couldn’t leave it out. As they say, “Business Suite includes tools like posting, messaging, insights and advertising capabilities, improving the experience of managing a business across our apps.”, which we think you’ll agree is a very welcome development. With the new Facebook Suites you’ll be able to view your business at a glance, use Inbox, create posts (including scheduling on Insta), create Ads, view insights and much more. It really will be a massive help – and you can find out more from Muriel Foley (one of the brilliant speakers at our recent Ecommerce, Traffic & Sales online? event) on her instagram here.
- We’re big fans of podcasts and are always on the lookout for shows that are brimful of information and what better podcast to kick off our recommendations than Tech Talk with Jess Kelly. Newstalk’s resident expert is one of the best around when it comes to new gadgets and up to the minute news for the Irish market especially so be sure to subscribe on whatever platform you get your podcasts on.
- Coming up to the end of the year (we refuse to use the C-word just yet!) you will be bombarded with the latest tech and new product drops almost every week – and it can be hard to know sometimes just what works best for you and your pocket. Well if you’ve been thinking of spending some of your hard earned on a tablet for your business or just personal use, we recommend this Wired look at the best iPads for you.
- Speaking of new hardware, the Guardian this week have this look at the new cheaper Surface Laptop Go.
- Finally, check out the latest on Three’s 5G network upgrade from one of Mayo’s finest advocates Adrian Weckler.
That’s all for this week, but don’t worry, we’ll be back next week and each Friday (slightly earlier hopefully!). Let us know what else you might find interesting and we’ll do our best to keep everyone up to speed with all the latest goings on in the digital world.