IT was another crazy week in the world with the Budget, new levels of lockdown, and much, much more, so it would be easy to turn off the news and in the process miss out on some of the stories that are important to you. Fear not though, here’s our round up of some of the best of the internet in digital marketing and tech from the past seven days.
- On Friday Facebook Ireland revealed that they would be tackling “hidden advertising” on the Instagram platform after an investigation by the Competition and Markets Authority in the UK. The investigation surrounded social media influencers and celebrities and could have implications further down the line so this is one to keep an eye on.
- Staying with the Guardian, they and others report on Thursday’s worldwide outage on Twitter – the company is saying that there is no evidence of a hack or security breach but there’s no doubt that they will want to avoid any type of repeat in future, especially if it effects Twitter Ads.
- Normally the Budget would dominate the news cycle here for a good week. Times have changed though. However, with the weekend upon us, now might be a good time to look back and KPMG have produced this excellent Budget companion to see how Budget 2021 could effect your business.
- If you use WordPress for your business or personal blog and embed content from Facebook and Insta, be prepared for a change. After October 24 embedded content you will need to have a Facebook developer account and a registered Facebook app. This is a big a change so if you’ve used Facebook or Instagram posts in the past in your blogs, be sure to get up to speed.
- This week’s podcast recommendation is The Digital Marketing Podcast . It does exactly what it says on the tin and has been running for almost a decade at this stage. The best thing about the podcast is that the episodes are clearly titled and you can dip in and out, picking up great tips along the way.
- Finally, we couldn’t let the blog pass without mentioning the Apple iPhone 12 launch. You can check out the latest here from Business Insider , the Guardian , & The NY Times
That’s it for this week, enjoy the weekend, stay safe and chat soon!